Greiner eHealth Technologies
Greiner eHealth Technologies is a business unit of Greiner Bio-One.
DIGITALISATION AND AUTOMATION OF YOUR PREANALYTICAL PROCESS.
DIGITALIZATION of PREANALYTICS
Preanalytics provides the basis for the diagnostic process and has a significant influence on more than 70% of all patient treatments.
Errors in the preparation of sample tubes, incorrect identification of patients and samples as well as missing documentation during sample collection are not uncommon in daily routine work.
By using our VACUETTE® Pre-Barcode Tubes and digital system solutions, we can help achieve a verifiable improvement in sample quality, reduction of mix-ups and sustainable transparency for continuous process improvement and necessary documentation.
Minimizing preanalytical errors has never been easier!
- Patient & Sample Identification
- Sample Transport
- Lab Preparation
Smart solution for sample collection in combination with VACUETTE® Pre-Barcode Tubes
Are you struggling daily with time consuming labelling and preparation of samples?
We simplify your workflows and reduce preparatory work by using our specially manufactured VACUETTE® Pre-Barcode Tubes.
Do you worry about the dangerous risks that could occur due to patient and sample mix-ups?
We provide a safe and simple Identification of the right patient and significantly reduce patient mix-ups.
Are you faced with increasing documentation and missing preanalytical guidance?
We automatically record the time of collection & the person collecting the sample and provide support you to help you ensure the best sample quality for appropriate patient treatment.
Safe solution for transportation of samples and control of specific transport temperatures
Lack of traceability of sample material on the way to the lab is a frequent issue?
By using our ThermoScan device, you can record temperatures of sample material during transportation.
There is insufficient awareness within your facility for specific transport conditions ?
By introducing LabCollect, we can guide you to ensure that essential transport regulations e.g. light-protection (for photosensitive paramters) or critical timing are fulfilled.
The handling of contaminated sample containers belongs to your daily routine?
We ensure safe transport of Biological Substances Category B (UN 3373) with our VACUETTE® Transport Line.
An efficient solution for digitalisation of order forms via automatic recognition
Time-consuming manual documentation bothers you?
We streamline and standardize your documentation processes by means of digitalization.
Have you had enough of annoying paperwork in the lab?
We enable paperless working for your lab due to dynamic OMR- and OCR technologies.
Are you tired of the complex integration of new documents?
We offer you rapid creation of new templates using our form generator.
Informative solution for an improved preanalytical traceability
Incorrectly and badly labelled samples are an everyday occurrence?
We guarantee perfectly labelled containers (ISO criteria) and confirm that the samples always match the order.
Are you struggling with time-consuming requests because of poor sample quality?
We optimize the management of, for example, underfilled or haemolytic material by transferring (affected) orders directly back into the LabCollect-worklist.
You cannot guarantee a standardized turn-around-time (external/internal)?
We provide you with a correct and standardized time stamp from the time of collection up to entry in the laboratory and to the time of storage as well as generate preanalytical KPIs.
I'm a ward manager and provide my employees with as much support as possible. System solutions like Greiner eHealth Technologies LabCollect offer simple ways to significantly improve processes. By scanning the patient's wristband and the barcode tube, we can largely rule out patient mix-ups. The easy operation makes our daily working processes much simpler.
The VACUETTE® Barcode Tube has enabled us to save more time and to work more efficiently. Samples are now collected and sorted more quickly and sources of error are almost completely ruled out. Greiner eHealth Technologies LabScan works perfectly, and allows barcode tubes and order forms to be linked. Both our laboratory analysis teams and our customers are very satisfied.
Patient safety and security, data protection and quality assurance are central themes in the health sector. The innovative Greiner eHealth Technologies solutions help us to structure our work efficiently and to overcome the challenges of the future. We therefore work very closely with Greiner Bio-One and develop new system solutions together.
Numbers & strengths
Scanned VACUETTE® Barcode Tubes
Up to 50% time savings through more efficient processes
Up to 70% sustainable reduction of the preanalytical error rate
100% data protection
The Greiner eHealth Technologies Team: Digitizer of Preanalytics
Frequently asked questions
We are specialized in digital systems for hospitals, blood collection centers, doctors, nursing staff, veterinarians and laboratories.
- Patient wristband gets scanned or identification of patient is checked verbally
- Samples are taken based on the open order on the screen by the Greiner eHealth Technologies software
- Filled tubes/container are scanned and can be sent directly to the lab
All Information about the patient is available and can be retrieved by a simple scan.
This ensures that the patient's privacy is always protected.
Only authorized personnel have access to the patient-related data (valid login).
In addition to a verbal identification, the patient wristband will be scanned, which automatically opens the collection order on the screen.
- Safe Identification of the right patient
- High reduction of patient mix ups
- Confirmation at the patient site that collected containers match to the order
- Perfect label quality – no incorrectly or badly labelled tubes in the laboratory entry
- Higher sample quality through support during the blood collection and focused training
- Traceability throughout the whole process
- Less reorders through reduction of preanalytical errors
- Standardized process of blood collection
- Prevention of unconformities
- Cost reduction
- Time-consuming preparation steps are no longer necessary (no need to print labels or manually label the tubes)
- Safe and fast patient identification
- Up-to-date digital worklist with sample orders
- Support during blood collection (requested tubes as well as transport conditions and much more other information are automatically displayed).
- Faster sample entry detection through perfect barcode (label is always in the right place and cannot be smeared by blood or antiseptic)
- Complete turn-around time known (from the time of collection to Entry in the Laboratory to the time of storage)
- Samples always match with the order - no more wrong sample containers in the laboratory
- Exact sample age is known
- Support of ISO standard 15189
- Improved sample quality due to compliance with pre-analytical instructions (transport conditions, order of draw)
- Phlebotomists are no longer anonymous - targeted training courses possible
- Traceability for the tube data (expiration date, lot number, type of tube)
- Optimized management of inappropriate sample material (underfilled tubes or haemolyzed material) by transferring orders directly back into the LabCollection-worklist
- Exact time of collection = precise sample age
- Phlebotomist's name
- Status of the sample
- Type of sample material (venous, capillary,..)
- Patient’s fasting (fasting / not fasting)
- Optional comment of the sample-taking person
If the sample has already been archived, the exact location of the sample can be determined in the system (archive rack 1 - row 4 - location 3).
If the sample has not yet been archived, the name/order search or sample history can be used to find out exactly to which workstations (devices) the sample was assigned to. Finding a sample from a workstation rack is done by searching the last 4 digits of the barcode number.
The distribution location is indicated by a simple scan of the tube.
We adapt to your existing protocols, preferable HL7.
Make sure your devices are compatible with Code 128 (ISO recommended standard) and are able to read Alpha and Numeric parts of the barcode.
No, Greiner eHealth Technologies software products are a middleware. We just communicate with the HIS / LIS.
Interfaces between Greiner eHealth Technologies and LIS are only set up once. After this, standardized export and import routines take place.
No, Greiner eHealth Technologies automatically synchronizes Laboratory master data from the leading master data system. An additional maintenance is not necessary.
Do you have any further questions?
Then feel free to contact us:
+43 7583 6791-0
Your Contact Person
International Sales Coordinator
+43 7583 6791-1243